Assume that you use Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to create an add-in that uses interfaces in the Msaddndr.dll file. When you install the add-in on Microsoft Office 2013, the add-in does not work as expected.
This issue occurs because the Msaddndr.dll file is discontinued and is not installed with Office 2013. Therefore, any add-in that uses interfaces in the Msaddndr.dll file does not work.
Support for Visual Basic 6.0 was discontinued on April 8, 2008. Developers can apply this workaround for customers who want to continue using the existing add-in until a supported Office 2013 add-in is created.
Use the Visual Basic 6.0 Package and Deployment Wizard to package the Msaddndr.dll file together with the add-in. Before you package the Msaddndr.dll file together with the add-in, make sure that you have the latest version of the Msaddndr.dll file on your computer by following these steps:
- Check the Msaddndr.dll file version at the following location.
In a 32-bit version of an operating system:
In a 64-bit version of an operating system:
The following table provides the file version information for the last version of Msaddndr.dll that is released by Microsoft:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
- If the Msaddndr.dll file version matches the file version in the table mentioned previously in this article, package the file together with the add-in. If the file version does not match, make sure Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 is installed by following these steps:
- Click About Microsoft Visual Basic on the Help menu in Visual Basic 6.0.
- Check the Visual Basic 6.0 version, if the version is not Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6, download Service Pack 6 on the following Microsoft website:
Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0
- Click the downloaded .exe file to extract the Service Pack 6 setup files to a directory.
- Start Setupsp6.exefrom the directory to install Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0.
- Install the latest Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 cumulative update from the following Microsoft website:
Description of the cumulative update rollup for the Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 Runtime Extended Files
- Make sure that the Msaddndr.dll file version details match the table mentioned previously in this article after you install the cumulative update.
- Package Msaddndr.dll together with the add-in.
For more information about how to package the Msaddndr.dll file together with an add-in, go to the following article in Microsoft Knowledge Base:PRB: PDW Does Not Include MSAddndr.DLL for Add-in Projects
Article ID: 2792179 - Last Review: December 21, 2012 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013
- Microsoft Office Personal 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
- Microsoft Office Standard 2013
|kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbprb kbtshoot KB2792179|