Consider the following scenario:
- You have a hybrid deployment of Microsoft Exchange Online in Microsoft Office 365 pre-upgrade and in your on-premises Microsoft Exchange Server environment.
- An Office 365 pre-upgrade user sends a meeting request in Microsoft Outlook that includes an on-premises conference room.
- The meeting request is accepted and the room is booked.
In this scenario, the user doesn't receive an "Accepted" email message from the room mailbox.
This issue occurs if messages that are sent from Office 365 pre-upgrade users to on-premises users aren't processed as internal messages.
To resolve this issue, create a receive connector on the Exchange hybrid server for messages that are received from Office 365 pre-upgrade through Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE). To do this, follow these steps:
- Create a new receive connector on the on-premises hybrid server. You can do this by using Exchange Management Shell or Windows PowerShell.
- For more information about how to do this by using Exchange Management Shell, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website:
- To do this by using Windows PowerShell, run the following Windows PowerShell command:
New-ReceiveConnector -Name "From Cloud" -Usage Internet -RemoteIPRanges<FOPE Outbound IP Addresses> -Bindings 0.0.0.0:25 -FQDNmail.contoso.com -TlsDomainCapabilities outlook.com:acceptoorgprotocol
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- In the list of services, right-click Microsoft Exchange Transport, and then click Restart.
For more information about mail routing in a hybrid deployment, see the following Microsoft resources:
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2793399 - Last Review: June 19, 2013 - Revision: 6.0
- Microsoft Office 365 for enterprises (pre-upgrade)
- Microsoft Office 365 for education (pre-upgrade)
- Exchange Online via Office 365 E Plans (pre-upgrade)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
|o365062011 pre-upgrade o365 o365e o365a hybrid o365m KB2793399|