Article ID: 2795043 - View products that this article applies to.
On System Center Virtual Machine Manager, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
· A Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Hyper-V host has a status of Needs Attention in the VMM Console.
or· Adding a Hyper-V host or cluster fails.
In the Jobs view, the following error is logged:
A Hardware Management error has occurred trying to contact server servername.domain.com :a:DestinationUnreachable :The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The service cannot find the resource identified by the resource URI and selectors. .
Unknown error (0x8033803b)
This issue applies to System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1), System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager and System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1.
This issue can occur if Windows Management Framework (WMF) 3.0 (KB2506143
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2506143)) is installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Hyper-V host. When WMF 3.0 is installed, all PUT operations through WinRM to Hyper-V fail.
To resolve this issue, perform one of the following steps:
Install the following hotfix on Hyper-V hosts that have WMF 3.0 installed:
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781512)WinRM "PUT" operations to Hyper-V fail on a Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer that has Windows Management Framework 3.0 installed
Uninstall Windows Management Framework 3.0 on the Hyper-V host.
To uninstall the update, perform the following steps on the Hyper-V host:
1. In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
2. Click View installed updates.
3. Right-click Microsoft Windows Management Framework 3.0 (KB2506143) and select Uninstall.
4. Once the uninstall is complete, restart the server.
5. Once the server is restarted, open an evaluated command prompt, type the following command and hit enter:
6. Follow the prompts to enable WinRM requests on the server.
7. Restart the server.
8. Once the server is restarted, open the VMM Console and verify the issue is resolved.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.