Consider the following scenarios:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2012 with Active Directory Domain Services role installed
- You try to install Remote Desktop Connection Broker role
In this scenario, the installation of Remote Desktop Connection Broker may fail and you may receive the following error message:
RD Connection Broker Role Service: Failed
Unable to install RD Connection Broker role service on Server <Servername>
Additionally, the following Event ID is logged in the System Event Log:
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7024
Task Category: None
The Remote Desktop Management service terminated with the following service-specific error:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2012 with Remote Desktop Connection Broker role installed
- You try to install Active Directory Domain Services role
In this scenario, the installation of Active Directory Domain Services role is successful, however the Remote Desktop Connection Broker may fail and you may receive the following error message:
The server pool does not match the RD Connection Broker that are in it. Errors:
Cannot connect to any of the specified RD Connection Broker servers. Ensure that at least one server is available and the Remote Desktop Management (rdms), RD Connection Broker (tssdis), or RemoteApp and Desktop Connection (tscpubrpc) services are running.
It was not supported to combine Remote Desktop Services role services and Active Directory Domain Services role on Windows Server 2012 RTM.
This configuration is supported following install of Servicing Stack Update of September 2013:
2871777 A servicing stack update is available for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012: September 2013
for other considerations.
Article ID: 2799605 - Last Review: September 11, 2013 - Revision: 13.0
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 Standard