This article addresses a specific set of circumstances. If you have:
- Installed Office 365 Home Premium Preview on a Windows 7 computer.
- Upgraded to Windows 8.
- Uninstalled Office 365 Home Premium Preview.
- Installed a purchased version of Microsoft Office 2013.
When you download a file through Outlook.com, the file gets labeled as "blocked" by Windows 8 and shows a This file is corrupt
Perform an On-line repair
- Close all of your Office 2013 applications.
- Bring up Control Panel from the Apps menu and click Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Click on Microsoft Office 365 and click Change.
- Choose Online Repair and click Repair.
This will remove Office 2013 from the computer and install the newest version.Note:
If you have difficulties running the Online Repair, you can uninstall Office using the Fix-It in KB 2739501,
then go back to your My Account
page to reinstall Office.
Article ID: 2801143 - Last Review: April 16, 2014 - Revision: 1.4
- Windows 8
- Microsoft Office 365 Home