The Business Contact Manager for Outlook Database Tool allows administrators to host Business Contact Manager for Outlook databases on a computer on which Microsoft Office 2013 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 are not installed. Once installed on a server, this tool will allow users to:
- Create and back up Business Contact Manager 2013 databases. To create a database, the user must be the local administrator.
- Restore databases from Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013, Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010, Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003.
- Share Business Contact Manager databases with other users on a local network.
- Migrate databases from Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007.
The tool ensures that the necessary firewall ports are opened, that users are granted permission to the database, and that the SQL instance is configured to allow external connections. These operations require the user to be a local administrator. A supported version of SQL Server needs to be present in order to use this tool. Currently, this tool supports 2005 and 2008 versions of Microsoft SQL Server.
Supported operating systems
This tool is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
You must have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2 or Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP3 (32-bit only) installed.
How to obtain and install the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 Database Tool
Download the package from the Microsoft Download Center.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Business Contact Manager for Outlook Database Tool 32-bit package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
File informationBusiness Contact Manager Database Tool
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Known issues and behavior changes
User cannot create new database when SQL Server 2012 services logged on as Network Service
If a user of the BCM Database Tool is using SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 2008 and is logged in as a Network Service, they may see the following error message:
Cannot create a new database. The operation has been rolled back. Please make sure the database service is running.
The workaround is to log on as a Local System instead of as a Network Service.
To remove Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 Database Tool, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, select Programs, and then select Programs and Features.
- Right-click Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013 Database Tool.
- Select Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Article ID: 2813691 - Last Review: February 21, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager