Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
- You turn on Airplane mode to disable all wireless communication.
- You put the computer into Sleep or Hibernation mode, or you shut down the computer.
- You wake the computer from Sleep or Hibernation mode, or you restart the computer.
- You turn off Airplane mode to enable all wireless communication.
In this scenario, if you turn off Airplane mode before the wireless devices are initialized, the devices stay off even though Airplane mode is off.
This issue occurs because the Airplane mode setting changes before the wireless devices are configured. Therefore, the system cannot relay the Airplane mode settings to the devices.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, or press the Windows logo key+C.
- Tap or click Settings.
- Tap or click Change PC Settings.
- Tap or click Wireless.
- Tap or click an affected device to turn it on again.
Article ID: 2826798 - Last Review: December 18, 2013 - Revision: 5.0
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8