Microsoft released an update for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 on May 7, 2013. In addition to the application improvements that are mentioned in this article, Office for Mac 2011 is now available as a subscription offering. For more information about how to subscribe, see the Frequently Asked Questions.
This update provides the latest fixes for Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
- Coauthoring session with Microsoft PowerPoint Online and Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which all updates during a coauthoring session with the PowerPoint Online client come through as conflicts.
- After token expires, does not prompt for credentials in Microsoft Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue that causes Outlook for Mac not to prompt for credentials after the Kerberos token expires.
- Calibri Light font not included in Office for Mac
Fixes an issue in which Mac users experienced poor rendering of Office 2013 shared documents. The Calibri Light font resources are now included with the latest update.
- SetupUI is shown to user on start after Office for Mac is already activated
Fixes an issue in which, upon startup, the user is prompted to reactivate the subscription when multiple Office for Mac applications start.
- Saving files to OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) and SharePoint in Microsoft Word for Mac
Fixes an issue that causes an incorrect name to be suggested when you save a Word for Mac document to OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) or SharePoint.
- Folder contains excess white space: Error 1025 in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which folder names with leading white-space characters are not accepted for Gmail accounts.
- XLIST command that is used by Gmail is deprecated in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which the discontinued XLIST command for Gmail uses the IMAP List Extension for Special User Mailboxes to detect special-use folders.
- Local group mail cannot be sent in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issues in which messages that are addressed to local contact groups in Outlook for Mac cannot be sent.
- Remote devices lose control while in Presentation Mode in Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which keyboards and remotes may lose control in a PowerPoint for Mac slide show.
- File format extension support in PowerPoint for Mac
Fixes an issue in which Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 content may be lost when it is saved in PowerPoint for Mac 2011.
- Searching continues after user cancels in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which item searches in Outlook for Mac continue in the background after the user cancels the searches within the application.
- Items go into Junk Mail in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which messages that are sent from an account that is present in the Blocked Sender list in Outlook for Mac are displayed in Junk Mail instead of in Sent Items.
- Blocked Senders List under Junk Email Protection in Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue in which the wrong senders are blocked for certain kinds of accounts and account formatting in the Blocked Senders list under Junk Email Protection.
Before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.3.4 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac
on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Word).
- On the application menu, click About <application>.
- In the About <application> dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed there. It should be 14.1.0 or a later version number.
How to obtain the update
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.3.4 Update package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: May 7, 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then, on the File
menu, click Show Files
- The Office for Mac 2011 14.3.4 update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2830450 - Last Review: April 18, 2014 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Office for Mac Standard 2011
- Microsoft Office for Mac Academic 2011
- Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011
- Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 Home Use Program
- Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011
- Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011
- Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011
- Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011
- Microsoft Word for Mac 2011
|kbqfe kbfix atdownload KB2830450|