This step-by-step article describes how to use the Remote Access Phonebook (Rasphone.pbk) file to save and later restore dial-up connections, and to copy your computer's connections to other computers.
Save and Restore Dial-Up Connections
- Locate the Rasphone.pbk file in the %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk folder.
Note The Application Data folder is a hidden folder. To view the folder, follow these steps:
- Open the All Users folder, and then click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
- Click View, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
- After you have created all your connections, copy the Rasphone.pbk to a safe location, and then copy the Rasphone.pbk file to the %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk folder on the other computer.
Note When you replace the Rasphone.pbk file, you are prompted to confirm the file replacement. Click Yes to replace the file.
- Restart the computer to view the connections.
You cannot use this procedure to copy Connection Manager profiles. These profiles have their own .pbk, .cms, and .cmp configuration files.
Article ID: 284269 - Last Review: May 7, 2007 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
|kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB284269|