After you install update 2874216, you experience the following issues in Microsoft Exchange Server 2013: Note
You do not experience these symptoms after you install the Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010 versions of the MS13-061 security update.
- The content index (CI) for mailbox databases shows "Failed" on the affected server.
- The Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller service is missing.
- You see a new service that is named "Host Controller service for Exchange."
Update 2874216 is described in security update MS13-061
To work around this problem, update the following registry entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Search Foundation for Exchange
Set the value of the DataDirectory registry entry to the Data directory path for the Exchange Server installation.
For example, if the Exchange Server installation directory is C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15, you would set the value of the DataDirectory registry entry to the following:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin\Search\Ceres\HostController\Data
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Note The change to the service display name will take effect after you restart the server.
- Set the value of the DisplayName registry entry to "Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller."
- Add a new multi-string value that is named DependOnService, and then set its value to http.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller service.
Article ID: 2879739 - Last Review: August 20, 2013 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard
|kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbprb KB2879739|