Consider the following scenario:
- You enable external sharing for your Microsoft SharePoint Online subscription and a SharePoint Online site collection in your Microsoft Office 365 subscription.
- You select the option to share a SharePoint Online resource or site, complete the Include a personal message with this invitation (Optional) field, and then click to select the Send an email invitation check box.
- You specify an external user in the Enter names, email addresses, or 'Everyone' text box.
- You finish completing the form and then click Share.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Sorry, something went wrong
Invalid text value.
A text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again.
To work around this issue, limit the length of the personal message in the invitation to 256 characters or less.
This error occurs when more than 256 characters are included in the personal message to the user.
This is a known issue. Microsoft is working to resolve this issue.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2880758 - Last Review: June 4, 2014 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
|o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 kbbug KB2880758|