Consider the following scenario:
- In Microsoft SharePoint Online, you save a subsite as a template by selecting the Save site as template option in Site Settings.
- The template was saved from a site that uses either a Team Site template for which the Community Site Feature is active or a Community Site template.
- You use the template that you saved to create a subsite.
- You create a category in the community and then click the tile for the category.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Cannot complete this action. Please try again.
To work around this issue, create sites from a standard SharePoint Online template when you plan to use community categories. Categories will function correctly on a site that wasn't created from a site saved as a template.
This is a known issue in SharePoint Online.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2880772 - Last Review: June 4, 2014 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
|o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 kbbug kbnofix KB2880772|