Consider the following scenario:
- You open the Solution Gallery in the Solutions area of Site Settings in Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- You change the Require content approval for submitted items? setting to Yes.
- When you try to save the site as a template, you receive the following error message:
Sorry, something went wrong
An unexpected error has occurred.
To work around this issue, change the Require content approval for submitted items?
setting to No
, and then save the site as a template. To do this, follow these steps:
- Browse to the SharePoint Online site in which you received the error message.
- Click the gear icon for Settings, and then click Site settings.
- In the Web Designer Galleries section, click Solutions.
- On the ribbon, click the LIBRARY tab, and then click Library Settings.
- Click Versioning Settings.
- In the Content Approval section, set Require content approval for submitted items? to No, and then click OK.
- Save the site as a template.
- Re-enable content approval on the Solution Gallery after the template is successfully created, if it's necessary.
Note Any site that was created by using this template has the Require content approval for submitted items? setting set to No. You may have to enable this setting for a site that you created from the template, if it's necessary.
This is a known issue in SharePoint Online.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2885734 - Last Review: June 4, 2014 - Revision: 6.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
|o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 kbbug kbnofix KB2885734|