When you attempt to start the Microsoft Office XP Shortcut
Bar by clicking the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar
either the Office Shortcut Bar is not displayed, or the Office 2000 Shortcut
Bar is displayed instead.
This behavior can occur if both of the following conditions
- Your computer has Office 2000 installed, and the Office
Shortcut Bar is included with the installation.
- You install Office XP and keep all earlier versions of
Office installed on your computer.
To resolve this issue, add the Office XP Shortcut Bar
through the Office XP CD-ROM in maintenance mode.
To add the Office
XP Shortcut Bar, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, select the Office XP program that you installed, and
then click Change (in Microsoft Windows 2000) or Add/Remove (in Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition [Me]).
- In the Microsoft Office Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and
then click Next.
- Click the plus sign next to Office Tools.
- Click the arrow next to Microsoft Office Shortcut
- Click Run all from My Computer, and then
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
at the beginning of this article.
To start the Office Shortcut Bar, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then point to Programs.
- Point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Shortcut
Article ID: 290744 - Last Review: December 4, 2007 - Revision: 1.4
- Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage
- Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
|kbtshoot kbbug kbnofix KB290744|