There is currently no way to save a Corel Presentations 9
Show file in the Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 format. However, you can save a
Corel Presentations 9 file in the Microsoft PowerPoint 95 format, and then open
it in PowerPoint 2002.NOTE
: Some fidelity is lost between the two versions, due to the
difference in the way the two programs handle objects and slides.
save a Corel Presentation file (*.SHW) in PowerPoint 95 format, choose PowerPoint 95 Presentation
, under File Type
, in the Save As
window of Corel Presentations 9.
According to the Help documentation in Corel Presentations
9, the following changes can occur when you save Corel Presentations slide
shows in the Microsoft PowerPoint 95 file format.
Text and Lines
- Text that is on a path is not supported in Microsoft
- Text spacing and margins have minor issues, which give the
presentation an odd appearance.
- The position and size of chart items, such as titles and
legends, may not appear correctly.
- Various text blocks are not supported.
- Headers and footers are not supported; they appear as
- Line endcaps, such as arrowheads, are not
- The color of chart items, such as bars and slices, may not
appear correctly because Microsoft Graph 95 only allows 56 colors in its chart
- Mixed chart types, where each series has a different chart
type, appear as a single chart type.
- Chart bar types, such as cones and markers, are not
- XY 100% charts may not appear correctly.
- If you create files with multiple slides, you may not be
able to open them in Microsoft PowerPoint 2002.
- The Go To keys in Corel Presentations 9 are not
- Templates that contain default attributes, such as text and
bullet attributes, are not supported.
- Action settings, such as "advance slide on mouse click,"
are not supported.
- Background colors and styles may not appear
- Animation effects added to graphic objects are not
- Hyperlinks are not supported.
- OLE objects may not be supported.
- Gradients applied to graphic objects are not
- PowerPoint color indexed template objects are not
- Corel Presentations Organization charts are converted to
the Windows Metafile file format.
third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by
companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty,
implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these
Article ID: 291873 - Last Review: January 31, 2007 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
|kbconversion kbinfo kbformat kbsavefile kbhowto KB291873|