When you make formatting changes to a Microsoft Word fax cover sheet template and save the template, the changes do not appear in that template for the cover sheet in the Fax Wizard.
This behavior occurs because the Fax Wizard re-applies the original styles to the text as it processes the template.
To work around this behavior, create your cover page before
you use the Fax Wizard. To create and send a fax with a cover page that is created from a template with modified formatting, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click New.
- In the New Document task pane, click General Templates.
- In the Templates dialog box, click the fax cover sheet template to which you made the formatting changes on the Letters & Faxes tab, and then click OK.
- In the new fax document, manually fill in the information that you want to include on your cover page, such as the sender and recipient names and the fax number.
- If you want to sent more than the cover page with a note, press CTRL+END to go to the bottom of the page. Press CTRL+ENTER to start a new page, and then, on the Insert menu, click File. Select the file that you want to include in your fax, and then click Insert.
- On the File menu, point to Send To, and then click Fax Recipient.
- In the Document to Fax step of the wizard, click Without a cover sheet, and then click Next.
- Follow the remaining steps in the wizard to send your fax document with the customized cover page.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 292118 - Last Review: May 31, 2007 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Word 2007