This step-by-step article describes how to format your
publication to print two pages on a sheet of paper. When you fold this sheet of
paper, it opens the way that a book opens. This type of publication is called a
"book fold" publication.
How to Create a New Book Fold Publication
To create a new book fold publication, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
- Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then
- Configure your printer to use the correct page size and
For example, if you want to print two pages side-by-side
on a sheet of 8.5-by-11-inch paper in landscape orientation, configure the
printer to print an 8.5-by-11-inch sheet of paper in landscape
- Click OK.
- Start Publisher.
- In the Catalog window, click the Blank Publications tab.
- Under Blank Full Page, click the Book Fold icon, and then click Create.
- When you are prompted to insert three more pages to bring
the total number of pages to four, click Yes.
How to Convert an Existing Publication to a Book Fold Publication
If you have an existing publication that you want to convert to a
book fold publication, the publication must meet the following requirements:
- Each page of the publication must be formatted to print on
a separate sheet of paper.
- The Page Size setting for the publication must be half the size of the paper
that you configured the printer to print on.
If your publication meets these requirements, follow these
steps to convert your publication to a book fold publication:
- On the File menu, click Page Setup.
- Note the Paper Size setting.
- Under Choose a Publication Layout, click Special Fold.
- Under Choose a Special Fold, click Book Fold.
- The book fold Height and Width settings are automatically set to half the size of the paper that
your printer is configured to print on. Change the Height and Width settings if you want to, and then click OK.
NOTE: The Height and Width settings must be half of the height and width settings that you
noted in step 2.
- On the File menu, click Printer Setup.
- Under Paper, click the paper size that your printer is configured to print
on. If you want to, adjust the Orientation setting.
- Click OK.
How a Book Fold Publication Is Printed
When you print a book fold publication, the publication is
printed with odd-numbered pages on the right side of the page and even-numbered
pages on the left side of the page. This is the default behavior.
you print a four-page document, pages one and four are printed on one sheet of
paper, and pages two and three are printed on another sheet of paper. If the
number of pages in your publication is not a multiple of four, Publisher
inserts blank pages to make the total number of pages a multiple of
For more information about printing a book fold publication
in Publisher 2002, follow these steps:
- On the Help menu, click Microsoft Publisher Help, and then click the Index tab.
- In the Type keywords box, type
bookfold, and then click Search.
- In the Choose a topic box, double-click
the Help topic that you want to see.
Article ID: 292273 - Last Review: October 29, 2004 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Publisher 2002 Standard Edition
|kbhowto kbprint kbui KB292273|