Consider the following scenario:
- You create a tasks list (that is, you select Tasks for the list type) in Microsoft SharePoint Online or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
- You create a custom list that contains values.
- You configure a lookup column in the tasks list to obtain information from the custom list.
- You open a page in edit mode and than add list view Web Parts for both the tasks list and the custom list.
- You configure a connection between the two Web Parts by editing the Web Part for the tasks list. Then, you click Connections, click Get Filter Values From, and then select the custom list.
- You save your changes to the page.
- When you click the arrow to filter values in the custom list, the Web Part for the tasks list doesn't filter the results on the page for the values as expected.
To work around this issue, enable server rendering on the list view Web Part for the affected tasks list. To do this, follow these steps:
- Browse to the affected page, and then open the page in edit mode.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner of the Web Part for the tasks list, and then click Edit Web Part.
- On the right side of the page in the Web Part properties controls, click the plus sign (+) on the Miscellaneous section, click to select the Server Render check box, and then click OK.
- Save the changes to the page.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2924913 - Last Review: June 4, 2014 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013
|o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 kbbug kbnofix KB2924913|