When you attempt to create a Direct Cable Connection (DCC), the option to use a COM port is not present.
To resolve this behavior:
- Click Start, and then click Connect To.
- Under Common Tasks, click New Connection Wizard.
- Click Next, and then click Set up an advanced connection.
- Click Connect directly to another computer, and then click Next.
- Click the Host option, and then click Next.
- Click a COM port in the Device for this connection box, and then click Next.
- From the list of users, click the users that are able to connect, click Next, and then click Finish.
- To create an incoming connection on a COM port, repeat these steps, and then at the appropriate location, choose the COM port that you want to use.
This behavior is by design.
Article ID: 295940 - Last Review: January 15, 2006 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional