The Microsoft Office Deployment Advisory Service is designed for IT
professionals who do not require the traditional on-site consulting or sustained account management services available from Microsoft Solution Providers, Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), or Microsoft Premier Support.
Microsoft Office Deployment Advisory Service engagements focus on assistance and guidance in customizing deployment of Office 2000 and Office XP, typically do not exceed 40 billable hours in duration, and are delivered remotely from Microsoft offices throughout North America.
These services are offered on a fee basis of $210.00 per hour. Payments can be billed to a credit card or purchase orders.
If you are billing to a purchase order, please fax a copy of the completed purchase order, along with the signed service agreement.
Also, please make sure that each of the following is reflected on the completed purchase order:
For information on Microsoft Office Deployment Advisory Services, refer to this Microsoft Web site:http://support.microsoft.com/gp/advisoryservice
: The Office Deployment Advisory Service was formerly known as the Office Developer Consult Line (ODCL).
What Is the Difference Between Office Deployment Advisory Service and Microsoft Consulting Services?
The Office Deployment Advisory Service is a complement to services that are already provided by MCS. The Advisory Service fills a gap by providing targeted customers with short-term consulting needs, versus on-site or longer-term project consulting that MCS provides.
Types of Issues and Supported Technologies
The following can be performed by a support professional in an Office Deployment Advisory Service case:
- Discuss general deployment methods and techniques
- Discuss deployment techniques and considerations related to migration
- Create an administrative installation
- Assist, in whole or in part, in the creation of transform files using the Custom Installation Wizard (CIW)
- Assist, in whole or in part, in the creation of .cmw files using the Custom Maintenance Wizard
- Customize Proflwiz.ini (Office 2000) or Opw10Adm.ini (Office XP) for the Office Profile Wizard
- Customize the Setup.ini file
- Create registry keys to be included in a transform
- Create batch files, if required, to implement a deployment solution that cannot be provided through other means
- Create VBScript scripts, if required, to implement a deployment solution that cannot be provided through other means
- Assist, in whole or in part, in the creation of custom .opc files to be used by the Office Removal Wizard
- Create a custom .adm file (policy template) for the System Policy Editor
- Discuss troubleshooting methods and techniques for generic installation problems
- Assist with deploying patches to network clients and/or administrative installations
If additional items need to be covered in your deployment, please consult the support professional assigned to your Office Deployment Advisory Service case.
Office Deployment Advisory Service Process and Policies
For the first hour of work, $210 is charged to your credit card. A Microsoft Support Professional will contact you within four hours to discuss the work that you want to have performed. At that time, an evaluation will be made to determine how many hours the project will require. If the project will require more than one hour, additional work will be done on a contractual basis. This added work will be documented in a contract and billed at the rate of $210 per hour. Your credit card will be billed for this added work when the contract is fulfilled.
The following items outline policies specific to the Advisory Service:
- Contracts are limited to 40 billable hours.
- Work can only be completed remotely. Microsoft Support Professionals perform all work via telephone, e-mail, or fax.
- Work is limited to Office 2000 and Office XP products localized in the English language.
- If you are using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) to deploy a custom Office package, an additional, separate Systems Management Server case may be created, based on SMS entitlement.
- If you are using the Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) along with a custom Office package, an additional, separate case may be created, based on IEAK entitlement.
Use the following resources to clarify issues with this service or to help you with issues not offered by the Office Deployment Advisory Service:
- To find out more about Microsoft Consulting Services, please contact your Microsoft account representative. For contact information for Microsoft offices in the United States, browse to http://www.microsoft.com
. For worldwide Microsoft offices, browse to http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/
- For information about Solution Providers in your local area, contact the Microsoft Solution Provider Sales and Information line at (800) 765-7768 in the United States or (877) 568-2495 in Canada. For information about support in other locations, contact a local Microsoft subsidiary.
- If you require a book about Office deployment, browse to the following Web site:
- Office Setup/Deployment White Papers:
Article ID: 297033 - Last Review: February 27, 2014 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB297033|