When you try to use the Group Policy migration tool
(Gpolmig.exe) to migrate policies (Ntconfig.pol) from Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
to Microsoft Windows 2000 Group Policy, you may receive the following error
AdjustTokenPrivileges failed: 1300
If you type
Net helpmsg 1300
at a command prompt, you receive the
This problem occurs if the Group Policy object (GPO)
that you are trying to import is not open for editing.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Use the version of Gpolmig.exe that is included in
Microsoft Windows 2000 Resource Kit: Supplement 1.
- Copy Ntconfig.pol to a Windows 2000 domain
- Edit the Windows 2000 GPO to which you want to import the
system policies. To do so, follow these steps:
- Start Active Directory directory service Users and
Computers, and then import the system policies into a policy that is linked to
- Right-click the domain, and then click
- Find the GPO in the list, and then click
- At a command prompt, type: gpolmig
This lists the objects from which you can source in
the Ntconfig.pol file (for example, default user, default computer,
- At a command prompt type gpolmig
This lists the GPOs that are available in Active Directory to which
you can import group policies. It will list the GPOs that are open, by GUID.
For example, guiduser.
- At a command prompt, type gpolmig
DirectoryPath\Ntconfig.pol /migrate user testuser
Article ID: 297507 - Last Review: March 1, 2007 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server