When you use the Add Groups
or Add Object
button while creating a report in Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager (OpsMgr 2012), no more than 500 objects are displayed in the Add Object Wizard even if more than 500 exist.
This default limit of 500 objects is by design, and this setting is controlled through the system registry.
To work around this issue, create a registry key to manually set the maximum object limit in the Add Object Wizard.
To do this, follow these steps:
- On the computer that's hosting the Operations Manager console, close all running instances of the console.
- Start Registry Editor. Make sure that you're using the same user account that's used to run the console.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console
- Create a new DWORD value key, and save it as MaximumSearchItemLimit. Assign a value to this key that reflects the maximum number of objects that you want to display. For example, use a value of 1000 if you want to limit the maximum number of objects to 1000 instead of to the default limit of 500.
Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console
Value: 0 to 65535
- Exit Registry Editor.
To verify the new setting, start the Operations Manager console, and then open a report that uses the Add Group
or Add Object
button. Click the Search
button in the Add Object
dialog box, and then verify that the maximum number of available items that are now displayed matches the MaximumSearchItemLimit
Make sure that you repeat steps 1–5 on all computers that are hosting the Operations Manager console.
Article ID: 2976809 - Last Review: June 24, 2014 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager Service Pack 1
- Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
|kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2976809|