You may experience either of the following symptoms:
- The Setup program for Cookie Pal version 1.6c from Kookaburra Software states that it has enabled cookie warnings (or prompts) for Internet Explorer, but Internet Explorer 6 may not be configured to prompt for cookies after you install Cookie Pal.
- After you install Internet Explorer 6, Cookie Pal version 1.6c from Kookaburra Software may not prompt you when an unknown Web site attempts to create a cookie on your computer.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
This issue can occur because cookie settings, which are configured on the Security
tab of Internet Options
in Internet Explorer 4.x and 5.x (or on the Advanced
tab in Internet Explorer 3.x), are removed when you upgrade to Internet Explorer 6. A new Privacy
tab has been added to the Internet Options
dialog box to configure cookie settings for the Internet zone.
To work around this issue, configure Internet Explorer to prompt for cookies:
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- On the Privacy tab, click Advanced.
- Click to select the Override automatic cookie handling check box.
- Click Prompt for both First-party Cookies and Third-Party Cookies.
- Click OK twice.
: You can not configure the original Internet Explorer 6 Public Preview (version 6.00.2462.0000) to prompt for cookies. This issue has been addressed in later versions of Internet Explorer 6.
This behavior is by design.
For additional information about the default cookie settings in Internet Explorer 6, click the article number below
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The Default Privacy Settings for Internet Explorer 6
ID članka: 301390 - Zadnji pregled: 25. oktober 2013 - Revizija: 4.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbprb KB301390|