When you start Microsoft Word 2000, you may receive the
following error message:
This program has performed an
illegal operation and will be shut down.
If the problem persists,
contact the program vendor.
If you click Details
, the following information is displayed:
Winword caused an invalid page fault in module Mso9.dll at 015f:308c9c03.
The following files may be corrupted:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the taskbar, click Start, point to Find, and then click Files and Folders.
- On the Name & Location tab, type mso9.dll in the Named box, and then click Find Now.
- In the list of files found, right-click mso9.dll, and then click Rename. Type mso9.old, and then press
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to find the Winword.exe file and
rename it to Winword.old. Close the Find dialog box.
- On the taskbar, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Office 2000 in the list of installed programs, and then click Add/Remove.
- In the Maintenance Mode dialog box, click Repair Office.
- In the Reinstall or Repair dialog box,
click Repair errors in my Office installation, and then click Finish.
Article ID: 302602 - Last Review: October 25, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Word 2000, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbstartprogram kbtshoot kberrmsg kbprb KB302602|