This article explains how to create an image that has a transparent background and then retain the transparent background when you insert the image into PowerPoint 2001 for the Macintosh. This procedure applies to Adobe Photoshop version 5.0 or later.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
First, use the Export Transparent Image Assistant in Photoshop to create the image:
- Start Photoshop, and then select the image.
- On the Help menu, click Export Transparent Image, click I have selected the area to be made transparent, and then click Next.
- Click either Print or Online, click Next, and then click PNG.
- Click Next, click Save, click OK in the PNG Options dialog box, and then click Finish.
Then, insert the image into PowerPoint:
- Start PowerPoint 2001 for the Macintosh.
- On the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click From File.
- Select the file, and then click Open.
Although you can choose other graphics formats for this task, the PNG format seems to produce the most consistent behavior with the best quality image in this situation.
Article ID: 302614 - Last Review: January 31, 2007 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2001 for Mac
|kb3rdparty kbgraphic kbinfo kbinterop KB302614|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.