When you attempt to start Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel
after you install Microsoft Office, you may receive an error message similar to
one of the following:
Not enough memory or disk space to
run Microsoft Word.
Not enough memory to run Microsoft Excel.
This behavior can occur if any of the following files are
: The Msoffice.exe file may or may not be present on your
To resolve this issue, rename the Mso9intl.dll,
Msohelp.exe, and Msoffice.exe files (if present on your computer), and then run
Office Setup to reinstall Office and replace the files. To do this, complete
the following sets of steps.
Rename the FilesNOTE
: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the
following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your
product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.
- In the Search for files or folders named
box, type mso9intl.dll, and then click Search Now.
- In the Search Results list, right-click Mso9intl.dll, and then click Rename.
- Type mso9intl.old, and then press
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 to rename the Msohelp.exe file and
the Msoffice.exe file (if present on your computer) with the
- Close the Search Results window.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On a Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft
Windows Millennium Edition (Me), or Microsoft Windows NT-based computer, click
Microsoft Office 2000 on the Install/Uninstall tab, and then click Add/Remove.
On a Microsoft Windows 2000-based
computer, click Microsoft Office 2000 in the Currently
installed programs list in the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, and then click Change.
- In the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance
Mode dialog box, click Repair Office.
- In the Reinstall/Repair Microsoft Office
2000 dialog box, click Reinstall Office, and then click Finish.
Article ID: 305498 - Last Review: January 31, 2007 - Revision: 2.4
- Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
|kbtshoot kbstartprogram kberrmsg kbprb KB305498|