After you install the Add-On Pack for Windows CE Platform Builder 3.0, an additional version of the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser (IESample.exe) is installed.
When you develop a platform, the source code that Internet Explorer uses depends on whether you use the IESample or the MaxDX configuration. For example:
- IESample. When you develop a platform that is based on the IESample configuration, the Internet Explorer browser (IESample.exe) is built from source code in the following folder:
- MaxDX. When you develop a platform that is based on the MaxDX configuration, the Internet Explorer browser is built from source code in the following folder:
This behavior is by design.
The only difference between the two versions of IESample.exe is that the MaxDX version includes the following:
- A minor change in the Options.cpp file that checks the return code for a call to the RasEnumEntries() function.
- Additional code to handle multimedia messages when you navigate to a multimedia resource. For more information, see the CMainWnd::ProcessMediaNavigate method source code in Mainwnd.cpp.
Article ID: 306196 - Last Review: February 12, 2007 - Revision: 3.4
- Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 2.12
- Microsoft Encarta Reference Suite 2001