This step-by-step article describes how you can export the names from your Windows XP address book to another program. The address book provides a convenient place to store contact information for easy retrieval from programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft NetMeeting, and Microsoft Phone System.
Open Address Book
To open the address book, click Start
, point to All
, point to Accessories
, and then click Address Book
. You can also open the address book from Outlook Express by clicking Address Book
on the Tools
Export Address Book Contacts to Other Windows Address Book
You can export your address book contacts to other Windows Address Book (.wab) files, as well as to Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book, or a comma-separated values (.csv) file.
To export to another Windows address book:
- In Address Book, point to Export on the File menu, and then click Address Book (WAB).
- Locate and click the Windows address book file you want to export to, and then click Open.
Export Address Book Contacts to Other Address Book Formats
You can also export your Address Book files to all other address book formats.
To export to other address book formats:
- In the Address Book, point to Export on the File menu, and then click Other Address Book.
- Click the address book or file type you want to export to, and then click Export.
Article ID: 308665 - Last Review: July 15, 2004 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
|kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB308665|