When you try to view the Microsoft Works Calendar toolbar, the toolbar does not appear.
To resolve this issue, export your Calendar to a vCalendar file and restore the Calendar Database
Backup your Calendar Appointments. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Works Calendar.
- Click File, point to Export, and then click vCalendar.
- Make sure that the Start and End date are set properly to save all your appointments.
- Select All appointments, and then click OK.
- Click Save to save your file.
Note The default name is Calendar.vcs in your My Documents folder.
Restore the Calendar Database
To resotore the Calendar database, follow these steps:
- Insert the Works CD-ROM, and then press SHIFT to prevent Setup from starting automatically.
Note If Setup starts, quit Setup.
- On the desktop, double-click My Computer.
- Locate the Mswkscal.wcd file on the Works CD-ROM.
The default location of the Mswkscal.wcd file on the Works CD-ROM is
drive:\MSWorks\Common\CommApp\mswkscal.wcd where drive is the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive.
- Click the Mswkscal.wcd file, and then press CTRL+C to copy the file to the Clipboard.
- Locate the Mswkscal.wcd file on your hard disk. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
On Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me)-based computers, click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files Or Folders.
- In the Named box, type mswkscal.wcd, and then click Find Now.
On Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Millenium Edition (Me)-based computers, type mswkscal.wcd in the Search for files or folders named box, and then click Search Now.
- When you locate the Mswkscal.wcd file on your hard disk, select the file, and then press CTRL+V to replace the file with the version that you copied from the Works CD-ROM.
Note When you are prompted with the following question, click Yes:
- Make sure that the new version of Mswkscal.wcd is not read-only.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Use Windows Explorer to locate the file, and then right-click the file.
- Click Properties, and then click to clear the Read-only check box.
If these steps to not resolve the issue, follow the steps in the following Knowledge Base article to remove your version of Works from your computer, cleanboot and reinstall.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
"Setup is unable to remove earlier version" error message when you try to install Works 7.0 or Works Suite 2003
You must remove and reinstall the program if the previous steps do not resolve your issue. Additionally, you must delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared folder after you remove the program, but before you reinstall the program.
Article ID: 309466 - Last Review: February 28, 2014 - Revision: 5.2
- Microsoft Works Suite 2005
- Microsoft Works Suite 2004
- Microsoft Works Suite 2003
- Microsoft Works Suite 2002
- Microsoft Works Suite 2001
- Microsoft Works 8.0
- Microsoft Works 7.0
- Microsoft Works 6.0
- Microsoft Works Suite 2006
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB309466|