Use this step-by-step guide to copy a Web site to a local
computer by using the Publish
feature in Microsoft FrontPage 2002.
Copying a Web Site to a Local Computer
- Start FrontPage.
- On the File menu, click Open Web to open the web you want to copy to the local hard
- On the File menu, click Publish Web.
- In the Publish Destination dialog box, choose either of the following options:
- In the Enter publish destination box, type the path to the local folder where you want to copy the
Web. Use the following syntax
DriveLetter:\FolderName where DriveLetter is the physical hard
disk drive letter and FolderName in the name of the
folder on your hard disk.
- Click Browse to locate and select the folder you want.
NOTE: If you published this Web site previously, the Publish Destination dialog box does not appear. Proceed to step 5.
- Click OK.
- Choose the pages you want to publish.
- In the Publish Web dialog box, click Options.
- Click the Publish tab.
- In the General section, select the Publish and Changes options you want.
- If you want to create a log file for changes made
during publishing, click to select the Log changes during
publish check box.
- Click OK.
- To publish a subweb, click to select the Include subwebs check box.
- Click Publish.
Article ID: 310620 - Last Review: October 8, 2004 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
- the operating system: Microsoft Windows XP
|kbhowtomaster kbsavefile kbwebpublishing KB310620|