When you try to import contacts from one Microsoft Entourage identity into another, the Import Wizard may not display any option for importing contacts from Entourage.
To work around this behavior, use one of the following methods to import contacts into a new identity.
Export the contacts from the first identity to the desktop, switch identities, and then import the exported file into the new identity.
To export the contacts, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Export Contacts.
- Name the file, and then save it to the desktop.
To import contacts into the new identity, follow these steps:
- On the Entourage menu, click Switch Identity.
- Click the identity into which you want to import the contacts, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- Click Import information from a text file, and then click the arrow to continue.
- Click Import contacts from a tab- or comma-delimited text file, and then click the arrow to continue.
- Locate the file that you exported, and then click Import.
- You do not need to change any mapping information. Click Import.
The contacts are placed in the Address Book of the new identity.
If the identities are on the same computer, you can copy the contacts to the desktop. Note that when a contact is placed on the desktop, the contact becomes a VCard.
After the contacts are on the desktop, switch identities, and then copy the contacts from the desktop into the Address Book.
If the two identities are not on the same computer, you can e-mail the exported contact file as an attachment (see Method 1 for steps on how to export contact information). To do this, follow these steps:
- On the originating computer, create a new e-mail message.
- To add an attachment, click the paperclip icon on the new e-mail message toolbar.
- After the attachment is added to the message, send the message to the other computer.
- On the other computer, after the message is received, save the attachment to the desktop as a text file.
- Import the contacts from the text file to the Address Book. To do this, follow the steps for importing under Method 1.
If the two identities are not on the same computer, you can e-mail individual contacts as attachments between identities. To do this, follow these steps:
- Create a new e-mail message in the identity that contains the addresses.
- Open the Address Book, and then copy the contacts from the Address Book and paste them into the e-mail message.
- After the contacts are added to the e-mail message, send the e-mail message to the other computer.
- Start Entourage on the other computer.
- After the e-mail is received, copy the contacts from the e-mail message to the Address Book.
Article ID: 311592 - Last Review: September 20, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
|dftsdahomeportal kbnofix kbprb KB311592|