When you click Send and Receive
in Microsoft Outlook, the following error message may appear:
The operation failed. An object could not be found.
To resolve this behavior, create a new profile. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Mail icon.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
If you want to be able to select a specific profile
each time you start Outlook, click the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and
then click Add.
- In the New Profile dialog box, under Profile Name, type a descriptive name for the new profile, and then click OK.
- In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select Add a new e-mail account in
the e-mail options, and then click Next.
- Click the type of server that your e-mail account works
with, and then click Next.
- Complete all of the required fields, including those that
are on the tabs that appear after you click More Settings.
- When you finish providing the required information, click Finish.
By default, Outlook Address Book and personal folders (.pst)
files are automatically added to each new profile, except in Microsoft Exchange
Server. Personal folders (.pst) files are not added by default in Exchange
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
(IMO) Err Msg: Object not found when you remove .pst
Article ID: 312354 - Last Review: January 31, 2007 - Revision: 4.3
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kbaccounts kbpermissions kbreceivemail kbtshoot kbconfig kbsendmail kbemail kberrmsg kbprb KB312354|