Microsoft Publisher 2002 and Publisher 2000 include two
commercial PostScript printer drivers, the Microsoft Publisher Color Printer
and Microsoft Publisher Imagesetter. Publisher Help includes steps for
installing these drivers on both Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows
98, but Help does not include steps for installing on Microsoft Windows XP.
To install the Microsoft Publisher Color Printer or the
Microsoft Publisher Imagesetter on a computer that is running Windows XP,
follow these steps:
- Click Start and then click Printers and Faxes.
- Click Add a Printer. The Add Printer Wizard starts. Click Next.
- Under Local or Network Printer, click Local printer attached to this
- Clear the Automatically detect and install my Plug
and Play printer check box, and then click Next.
- Under Select a Printer Port, click Use the following port.
- In the drop-down list, select FILE: (Print to
File), and then click Next.
- In the Install Printer Software dialog box, click Generic in the Manufacturer list.
- In the Printers list, select one of the following:
- If you know that your printing service will use an
imagesetter, click Microsoft Publisher Imagesetter. -or-
- If you are not sure how your files will be prepared,
click Microsoft Publisher Color Printer.
- If you previously installed a Microsoft Publisher driver,
you are prompted now to either keep the existing driver or install a new one.
It is recommended that you select Keep existing driver, and then click Next.
- In the Name Your Printer dialog box, specify the printer name that you want. (It is
recommended that you keep the default name.)
- You also are asked whether you want this to be the default
printer. Select No if you have any other printers.
- In the Printer Sharing dialog box, select Do not share this
- In the Print Test Page dialog box, select No.
- In the Completing the Add Printer Wizard dialog box, click Finish.
You should see the new printer that you installed, either
Microsoft Publisher Color Printer or Microsoft Publisher Imagesetter, depending
on your choice in step 8.
For additional information about
installing Publisher commercial printer drivers, click the article number below
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PUB2002: Cannot Locate Driver for Microsoft Publisher Imagesetter or Microsoft Publisher Color Printer
Article ID: 313351 - Last Review: October 24, 2013 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Publisher 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2000 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbcolor kbsetup kbprb kbdriver kbprinters KB313351|