When you attempt to activate your copy of Microsoft Office XP by phone, the boxes (labeled A through G) into which you type your confirmation ID are not displayed on the Activate your product by using the telephone
page of the Office XP Activation Wizard. As a result, you are unable to activate your copy of Office XP.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start an Office XP program. For example, start Microsoft Word.
- Click Activate by using the telephone, and then click Next.
- Perform the following steps, as listed on the Activate your product by using the telephone page:
- In the Select your location box, click the country or region from which you are calling.
- Call one of the telephone numbers listed on your screen to speak with a customer service representative.
- Make sure that the current date is correct in the Today's date box. If it is not, click Set Date, specify the correct date, and then click OK.
- Provide the customer service representative with the installation ID that is displayed on your screen in the Installation ID box.
You will receive a confirmation ID from the customer service representative.
NOTE: Make a note of the confirmation ID that is provided by the customer service representative. You may be able to reuse it on the same computer if you have to reformat your hard disk and reinstall Office in the future. If the confirmation ID does not work at that time, call the customer service representative again to request a new confirmation ID.
- Type the confirmation ID into the appropriate boxes (labeled A through G) on your screen, and then click Next.
NOTE: If the boxes are not displayed on your screen, press ALT+E to display the boxes.
- On the Activation Complete page, click Finish.
For more information about Office XP activation, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Office Activation Wizard
How to activate a license in Office programs
For more information about product activation, as well as additional frequently asked questions about Microsoft product activation, browse to the following Microsoft Web sites:
Article ID: 313936 - Last Review: December 4, 2007 - Revision: 2.5
- Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition for Students and Teachers
- Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition