A number of games are included with Windows 2000 by
default. This step-by-step article describes how to remove all of these games
from a Windows 2000-based computer. You must be a member of the Administrators
group on a computer that is running Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000
Server, or Windows 2000 Advanced Server to perform the procedure that are
described in this article.
How to Remove All Default Games from the Windows 2000-Based Computer
- Display the games in the Add/Remove Programs tool. For
additional information about how to do so, click the following article number
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Adding Optional Components to Add/Remove Programs Tool
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components, and
then click Components.
- After the Windows Components Wizard starts, click to select
the Accessories and Utilities check box in the Components box, and then click Details.
- Click to clear the Games check box in the Subcomponents of Accessories and
Utilities box, and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish, and then restart the computer.
information about how to remove the default games in Windows XP, click the
article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How To Add or Remove Windows XP Games
Article ID: 314614 - Last Review: November 1, 2006 - Revision: 5.2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition