When you attempt to use a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer on a Macintosh computer, the mouse may not work correctly and the buttons may not work.
This behavior occurs when IntelliMouse Explorer software and additional Mac software support are not installed or the installation is corrupted.
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps.
Remove the IntelliPoint Software
- Double-click the Macintosh Hard Drive.
- Double-click the System Folder.
- Double-click Control Panels.
- Drag and drop the IntelliPoint Control Panel to
- Close Control Panels.
- Double-click the Extensions folder.
- Drag and drop the following three files to the Trash:
- USB IntelliMouse
- USB IntelliMouse Explorer
- USB IntelliMouse IntelliEye
- Close the Extensions folder.
- Double-click the Preferences folder.
- Drag and drop the following two files to the Trash:
- IntelliPoint Preferences
- IntelliPoint Mouse Preferences
- Open the Help Folder.
- Drag the IntelliPoint Help Folder to the trash.
- Restart the computer.
- Empty the Trash.
Install Macintosh Software Updates
- See the following Apple Web site:
- Download the following system updates:
- Double-click each of the system update files, and then follow the onscreen instructions to install them.
Reinstall IntelliPoint Software
- Insert the IntelliPoint software CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.
- On the desktop, double-click IntelliPoint.
- Double-click IntelliPoint Installer, and then follow the onscreen instructions to install the software.
If the preceding steps do not resolve the behavior, see the following Knowledge Base articles:
You cannot click an icon by using the wheel button on a Macintosh computer
For additional information about uninstalling IntelliPoint software, click the article numbers below
to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Remove the IntelliPoint Software for Macintosh
Article ID: 314724 - Last Review: December 29, 2009 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0
- Microsoft SideWinder Mouse