To block auto-forwarding on a global scale and then restore this functionality to individual users, follow these steps:
- To block auto-forwarding, follow these steps:
- Start System Manager.
- Double-click Global Settings, and then click Internet Message Formats.
Depending on your configuration, there may be one or more Internet Message Format objects.
- In the detail pane, right-click the Default object, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click to clear the Allow Automatic Forward check box.
- Click OK.
- To allow selected users to forward mail, follow these steps:
NOTE: To confirm that auto-forwarding is working correctly for a specific user, send a message to that user, and then track the message through the Message Tracking Center.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Create a contact with an e-mail address that you want to forward mail to.
For more information about how to create contacts, click Help Topics on the Help menu, and then type create a mail-enabled contact.
- Click Users, right-click the name of the user for whom you want to configure the forwarding option, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu.
- Click the Exchange General tab, and then click Delivery Options.
- In the Forwarding Address section, select the contact that you created in step b.
- Click to select the Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox check box as appropriate, and then click OK.
- Repeat Steps b through f for all users for whom you would like to enable the auto-forwarding option.
For more information about how to set up and use message-tracking in Exchange, click Help Topics on the Help menu, and then type message tracking center.
Article ID: 317652 - Last Review: December 3, 2007 - Revision: 3.4
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition