When you try to connect to a data source while you
create a Mail Merge document in Microsoft Word, you may experience one of the following
- After you select your data source in step 2 of the Mail
Merge Wizard, nothing happens.
- When you use the Mail Merge Wizard, you receive the
following error message:
Word was unable to open the
- When you use the Mail Merge Wizard, and you connect by
using MS Query, you receive the following error message:
ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed
find file file name.
- When you use Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications code
to perform a mail merge with external data, you may receive the following error
Additionally, when you view the connection
string in the Immediate window after you pause your code, only
the first 255 characters of the string are displayed.
Run-time error '9105'
than 255 characters
This problem occurs because Word cannot create a connection
string that is longer than 255 characters.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 318532 - Last Review: December 13, 2006 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
|kbmerge kbprb kbemail kbnofix KB318532|