In Outlook, when you delete a task request mail message
from the Sent Items folder, the original task is deleted instead of just the
For additional information about the latest service pack for
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, click the article number below to view the
article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
XGEN: How to Obtain the Latest Exchange 2000 Server Service Pack
The English version of this feature should have the
following file attributes or later:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- Create two mail-enabled user accounts for User1 and
- User1: Start Outlook.
- User1: On the File menu, point to New, and then click Task Request.
- User1: In the To text box, type user2.
- User1: Click to select the Keep and updated copy of
this task on my task list check box.
- User1: Click Send, and then wait for the notification of acceptance.
- User2: Start Outlook.
- User2: Open the task request mail, and then click Accept to accept it.
- User1: Open the sent task request in your local Sent Items
folder. Note that the yellow banner displays "Accepted by ... on ...". Close
- User1: Select the item in the Sent Items folder, and then
press the DELETE key to delete it.
Actual result: The local copy of the task in User1's Tasks folder is
- User1: Press the DELETE key again.
: Only the task request mail in the Sent Items folder is deleted.
The associated task is not deleted.Actual result
: The selected item in the Sent Items folder is
Article ID: 321535 - Last Review: February 1, 2007 - Revision: 4.4
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Service Pack 1 (SP-1)
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
|kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbexchange2000presp3fea kbexchange2000presp3fix kbexchange2000sp3fix kbinfo kbqfe KB321535|