If you try to insert the address of an Outlook contact into
a Word document, one or more of the following symptoms may occur:
- The Select Name dialog box opens, but your addresses (which are stored in the
Outlook Address Book) do not appear in the list.
- When you click Insert Address in Word, you may receive an error message similar to the
An internal support function failed. Check
your mail setup. You must have extended MAPI version 1.0 or higher to use this
- When you try to perform a mail merge by using the
Select from Outlook Contacts option, you may receive an error
message similar to the following:
Unable to obtain list
of tables from the data source.
This behavior may occur if the Messaging Application
Programming Interface (MAPI) component is damaged or corrupted.
is a Microsoft Windows interface that permits components to connect to mail
servers, custom address books, and rich storage.
To resolve this issue, run the Fixmapi.exe utility. To do
this, follow these steps:
- Quit Word, and then quit Outlook.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type fixmapi.exe, and then
Article ID: 326529 - Last Review: January 6, 2006 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kberrmsg kbimport kbprb KB326529|