When you try to install Office 2000 from an administration
point, you may receive an error message similar to the following
Error 1327. Invalid Drive:
: This error message most frequently refers to drive U, but this
This behavior may occur if a registry key contains an
incorrect value in a Data
To resolve this behavior, enter the correct value data for
the registry key. To do this, follow these steps.Important
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
- In the right pane, note the values in the
Data field of each entry. If any value contains a drive that
is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry, type c:\my
documents in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Repeat step 4 for each entry whose Data value contains an incorrect drive.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each of the following registry
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Close Registry Editor.
- Install Office 2000.
Article ID: 327763 - Last Review: February 1, 2007 - Revision: 1.6
- Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
|kbtshoot kbsetup kberrmsg kbprb KB327763|