Article ID: 555924 - View products that this article applies to.
The following knowledgebase will help you to install Microsoft Anti Spam Agents on Exchange 2007
Exchange 2007 provides a anti-spam protection by using Exchange Edge role.
However, in a small environment, a stand alone Exchange Server exits (or
Exchange Edge server doesn’t exits) while providing the all the requirement services.
Bt installing "Anti-Spam agents", you can improve the Exchange System protection
1. Log on to the Hub Transport Server.
2. Go to "Start" -> "Programs" -> "Microsoft Exchange Server 2007".
3. Open "Exchange Management Shell".
4. Write "Install-AntispamAgents.ps1" and press on the "Enter" key.
5. Restart "Microsoft Exchange Transport" service.
6. Go to "Start" -> "Programs" -> "Microsoft Exchange Server 2007".
7. Open "Exchange Management Console".
8. Navigate to "Microsoft Exchange" -> "Organization Configuration" > "Hub Transport".
9. A new tab, named "Anti-Spam" should appear.
Note: To revert to Exchange 2007 default settings, use "uninstall-AntispamAgents.ps1"
script and restart the "Microsoft Exchange Transport" service.
Article ID: 555924 - Last Review: May 19, 2007 - Revision: 1.0
COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS CONTENT DISCLAIMER
MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.