Article ID: 555942 - View products that this article applies to.
You may see a slow performance or frequent freeze of Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista.
This issue happens due to Incompatible Browser extensions and add-ons.
To resolve this issue, you need to disable the Add-on which is causing the issue. Incase, if there are too many add-ons installed, you may need to do it on a trail and error. Perform the following:
1. Open Internet Explorer 7.
2. Click Tools, Programs, Manage Add-ons
3. From the list of Add-ons that you see select one and click "Disable".
4. Close Internet Explorer and open it again to check the performance.
Incase, if still the performance is not increased, you may need to disable the other add-ons.
Also, install the Microsoft update KB928089 for Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista. You can download the same from the following link:
Incase, if the issue still persists, change a few settings in the Windows registry. It is recommended to create a System Restore Point, and take a backup of Windows registry before changing any settings in Windows registry. Incorrect changes, may cause severe issues.
1. Click Start, type regedit.exe
2. Open the Registry Editor.
3. Navigate to the following key:
4. Right-click in the right page and select New.
5. Create a New DWORD value called "MaxConnectionsPerServer"
6. Double-click "MaxConnectionsPerServer" and give the value as "10"
7. Create another new DWORD with the name "MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"
8. Double-click it and give the value as "10".
9. Save and Exit from the registry.
10. Restart Windows.
This will improve the performance of Internet Explorer 7.
Article ID: 555942 - Last Review: July 26, 2007 - Revision: 1.0
COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS CONTENT DISCLAIMER
MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.