To export a Microsoft Works for Windows database into Microsoft Excel,
do the following:
- Open the database file in Works for Windows.
- From the View menu, choose List.
- From the File menu, choose Save As, enter a new
filename, choose Text and Tabs, dBASE III, or dBASE IV as the format,
and choose OK.
- From the File menu, choose Exit Works.
- Start Excel. From the File menu, choose Open.
- Enter the full path for the file.
- The file will open directly into Excel, and the information will
be arranged in columns similar to the List view in Works for
Article ID: 78792 - Last Review: November 16, 2006 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Works 4.0a
- Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.5a
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.