If you try to install the Academic Edition of Microsoft
Project Standard 2002, you may receive the following error message when Setup
is 10 to 20 percent complete:
Error 1311, File not found
This is a known issue with Microsoft Project Standard 2002
To work around this issue, copy the contents of the
Microsoft Project Standard 2002 CD to your hard disk, and then run Setup from
your hard disk. To do so, follow these steps:
- Quit all programs that are running.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop, point to
New, and then click Folder.
- Type Temporary Install Files to name
the folder, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the Temporary Install Files
- On the Tools menu, click Folder
- Click the View tab. Under Hidden
files and folders, click Show hidden files and
folders, and then click OK.
- Insert the Microsoft Project 2002 CD into your CD-ROM drive
or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent the program from starting
- Copy the contents of the CD into the Temporary Install
- Remove the Microsoft Project 2002 CD.
- In the Temporary Install Files folder, double-click
Setup.exe, and then follow the on-screen instructions to
install Microsoft Project 2002.
Article ID: 810595 - Last Review: October 30, 2006 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Project 2002 Standard Edition
|kberrmsg kbsetup kbprb KB810595|