When you try to use Online Registration
register your copy of Microsoft Works, you may experience one of the following
- You cannot find your Product Identification (PID) number to
register the product.
- The PID number that you entered is returned as not
- You cannot access the Online Registration page for
This behavior may occur for one of the following reasons:
- You cannot find your Product Identification
- You incorrectly typed your Product Identification
- You are experiencing network connectivity
To work around this behavior, use the following methods:
Retype Your PID Number
To locate your PID number and register your copy of Microsoft
Works follow these steps:
- Start Works.
- On the Help menu, click About
Write down the Product ID
number. Make sure you differentiate between the number zero ("0") and the
capital letter "O".
- Click OK, and then quit Microsoft
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then visit the
following Web site:
- Click your version of Works to start
- If you are not logged on with your Microsoft Passport Network
account, log on when you are prompted to log on.
- Type or verify your personal information.
- Carefully type your PID number.
- Click Finish.
Article ID: 817414 - Last Review: November 2, 2013 - Revision: 6.0
- Microsoft Works 6.0
- Microsoft Works 7.0
- Microsoft Works Suite 2005
- Microsoft Works Suite 2004
- Microsoft Works Suite 2003
- Microsoft Works Suite 2002
- Microsoft Works Suite 2006
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbprb KB817414|