You may not be able to see any folders or files in Windows Explorer.
To resolve this issue, use the Safe Mode with Networking
option to start your computer, and then log on with the local administrator account to update the Windows files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start your computer. When you see the Operating Systems Choices menu, press F8.
- On the Advanced Options menu, use the UP ARROW key or the DOWN ARROW key to select Safe Mode with Networking, and then press ENTER.
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
When Windows starts, you receive a Windows Update message that states that Windows is now updating the following items:
- Browsing Services
- Internet Tools
- System Services
- When logon has completed, right-click My Computer, and then click Explore.
When Windows Explorer starts, you now see folders and files.
- Restart your computer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 818090 - Last Review: October 26, 2013 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug KB818090|