In Microsoft Outlook 2002, if you configure more than one
POP3 account in one profile, when you send and receive e-mail for all the
accounts in the profile at the same time, you receive the following error
(0x800CCC90) Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server
has reported an internal error.
This problem occurs if your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
limits the number of POP3 connections that you can make at the same
To work around this problem you can separate your POP3
accounts into smaller Send/Receive groups, and then connect with each
Send/Receive group separately. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Tools, point to
Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define
- Click New.
Send/Receive Group Name box, type the name that you want to
give this group.
- In the left pane, under Accounts, click
the account that you want to include in this group, and then click to select
the Include account in this send/receive group check
- Click to select the Send mail items check
box and the Receive mail items check box.
- Click Download complete item including
attachments, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each account that you want to
include in this Send/Receive group.
- To create another Send/Receive group and add an account to
that group, repeat steps 2 through 6.
- When you have created all the Send/Receive groups that you
want, click Close.
- To send and receive e-mail for each group that you have
created, click Tools, point to Send/Receive,
and then click the name of the Send/Receive group that you want.
Article ID: 820669 - Last Review: September 12, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
|kbsendmail kbtshoot kbemail kberrmsg kbprb KB820669|