When you view a Web page that you have made available off-line in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1), you may receive the following message when you click a hyperlink contained on the Web page a second time:
This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:
- You click a hyperlink that is on the Web page.
- You click Save or Cancel in the File Download dialog that appears for the linked file.
To work around this problem, synchronize the Web page. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Stay Offline.
- On the Tools menu, click Synchronize.
- In the Items to Synchronize dialog box, click Synchronize.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1.
To make a Web page available offline, follow these steps:
- Open the Web page in Internet Explorer.
- On the Favorites menu, click Add to Favorites.
- In the Add Favorite dialog box, click to select the Make available offline check box, and then click Customize.
- In the Offline Favorite Wizard, click Next.
- Click Yes, change the Download pages box to 1, and then click Next.
- Click Only when I choose Synchronize from the Tools menu, and then click Next.
- Click whether the Web site requires a password, and then click Finish.
- In the Add Favorite dialog box, click OK.
Article ID: 821591 - Last Review: June 20, 2014 - Revision: 4.0
|kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbie600sp2fix kbie600presp2fix kbfix kbbug KB821591|