When you try to use one of the devices listed in the
"Applies To" section, the device may not respond or may start and stop at
This issue may occur if there is an object that interferes
with the wireless device signal
such as metal desks (common) and in some cases monitors.
To minimize interference with the wireless device signal,
use the following methods.Note
The following recommendations may be easier to comply with if the
receiver is connected to a front USB connector if your computer has one.
- Make sure that the device and receiver are a minimum
distance of 3 feet away from another similar wireless device.
- Position the receiver within 3 feet of the mouse or
- If you are using a dual receiver (mouse and keyboard),
position the receiver at equal distances from the mouse and keyboard.
If you cannot do this, a distance ratio that is less than 2:1 is
- Keep the receiver cable bundled, if possible and do not
extend it more than the necessary length.
- Avoid running the receiver cable in parallel with or close
to other cables especially power cables or network cables.
- Do not put the mouse, keyboard, or receiver on metallic
surfaces or objects, especially long metallic rails or cables. We recommend
that you keep the mouse and keyboard a minimum distance of 3 feet from
- Do not put the mouse, keyboard, or receiver near any
electrical devices, especially transmitters such as cordless or cellular
telephones, and other wireless mouse devices or receivers; a distance of 8 to
12 inches is recommended.
- Moving the receiver closer to your mouse or keyboard
almost always helps.
Experiment with different positions of the
receiver on the table and orientations of the receiver cable. Turning the
receiver upside down or on a side may also help in some cases. Experiment with
the different channels on the devices.
- Make sure that other wireless mice or keyboards are turned off before you sync a different wireless mouse or keyboard. After syncing is complete, you can turn on the other wireless products again.
Article ID: 821805 - Last Review: September 29, 2011 - Revision: 15.0
- Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 7000
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Deluxe Edition
- Microsoft Habu Laser Gaming Mouse
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 6.1
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 6.0
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 5.1
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 5.0
- Microsoft IntelliType Pro 6.1
- Microsoft IntelliType Pro 6.0
- Microsoft IntelliType Pro 5.5
- Microsoft IntelliType Pro 5.4
- Microsoft IntelliType Pro 5.3
- Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000
- Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000
- Microsoft Wireless Desktop
- Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000
- Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v2.0
- Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000
- Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000
- Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 6000
- Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000
- Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 5000
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 4000
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Pro 2.0
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 5000
- Microsoft Wireless Wheel Mouse
- Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 3000
|kbhardware kbprb KB821805|